Coffee 'n' Cream Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture.
- 2. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, combine cream and coffee granules in a small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. In another bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; beat in coffee mixture. Spread over brownies.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine chips and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Cool slightly. Carefully spread over filling. Let stand for 30 minutes or until glaze is set. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 249 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Coffee 'n' Cream Brownies
"Made these last night and was so disappointed. Followed the recipe exactly and ended up with dense, chewy brownies (nothing wrong with that, but about as far from "cake-like" as can be). The coffee cream was definitely too thick to spread, so added 1T+ of cream. It tasted great on its own, but had virtually no flavor once it was on the brownies and covered with the glaze. Much to my surprise, the finished product was mostly flavorless and way too sweet."
"Delicious! I made these as written, with the exception of using half whole wheat flour, half white."
"These are delicious brownies. I garnished them with chocolate covered espresso beans. I noticed that I needed to add additional cream to the filling mixture because it was too dry; but other than that I made them as written."
"I sought out this recipe after paying top dollar for them at a bakery! Awesome...can't ever make enough."
"These were delicious but very messy. Not sure if I did something wrong or what, but the toppings never really set and they definitely didn't look like the picture. But I will still make them again because they were soo yummy!"
"We made this recipe at our bakery and it was a HUGE hit. They are delicious and relatively easy to make. Use the best chocolate available and unsalted butter for optimal results. Enjoy!"
"Soo good; and very rich! I used evaporated milk in place of the heavy whipping cream and it turned out great. The coffee filling only covered half of my 11x7 in. pan, so I would double next time. Great with coffee ice cream!!"
"It is very rich....and creamy and delicious! I actually used ghiradelli mix and that was yummy with the coffee cream and chocolate topping. Also...I'd suggest using Starbucks instant coffee brand over instant granules cuz it's 100% natural and micro ground so it dissolves perfectly with the heavy whipping cream."
"I agree with previous posting about doubling up the coffee/cream layer- it was very thin. I also used 2 oz unsweetened chocolate/1 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips because I didn't have enough unsweetened for the base. Turned out quite sweet- but still delicious!"
"I made these on a whim for Christmas last year, and EVERYONE who tried them wanted me to make them for them for their birthdays. My sister, who doesn't even like coffee, DEMANDS that I make them for her!"
"I made these for my Mom's birthday. They are great!"
"So Good! A great treat to bring to a get-together. Someone always asks for the recipe. My coffee/cream layer was very thin so now I double the filling ingredients for a wonderful coffee accent."
"DELICIOUS! I made these for a Chocolate Walk in our small town and they were LOVED!criggo01."
"I really liked this recipe. They are very good. I have to use far more cream and tend to go a little heavier on the coffee to bring out the flavor / consistency on the white frosting. Otherwise this recipe was a hit at the office and home. Best of all they were easy to make -- mchenryed."
"These brownies are very rich and very delicious. I've had good luck in doubling the recipe and baking it in a 9"x13" pan. I've taken these to work a couple of times, and they never last long."
"Thanks! These look good! Have copied and will put on my 'try' list.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.