- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine cream and coffee granules in a small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. In another bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; beat in coffee mixture. Spread over brownies.
- In a small saucepan, combine chips and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Cool slightly. Carefully spread over filling. Let stand for 30 minutes or until glaze is set. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coffee 'n' Cream Brownies
"Made these last night and was so disappointed. Followed the recipe exactly and ended up with dense, chewy brownies (nothing wrong with that, but about as far from "cake-like" as can be). The coffee cream was definitely too thick to spread, so added 1T+ of cream. It tasted great on its own, but had virtually no flavor once it was on the brownies and covered with the glaze. Much to my surprise, the finished product was mostly flavorless and way too sweet."
"Delicious! I made these as written, with the exception of using half whole wheat flour, half white."
"These are delicious brownies. I garnished them with chocolate covered espresso beans. I noticed that I needed to add additional cream to the filling mixture because it was too dry; but other than that I made them as written."
"I sought out this recipe after paying top dollar for them at a bakery! Awesome...can't ever make enough."
"These were delicious but very messy. Not sure if I did something wrong or what, but the toppings never really set and they definitely didn't look like the picture. But I will still make them again because they were soo yummy!"