Coffee & Cream Doughnuts
Craving something sweet? You can make these decadent doughnuts in no time! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tubes (10.2 ounces each) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Confectioners' sugar and baking cocoa
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop
- biscuits, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on
- both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir in coffee granules until
- dissolved. Add cream cheese and Nutella; beat until smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a
- very small tip. Fill bag with coffee mixture. Push the tip through
- the side of each doughnut to fill with cream. Dust tops with
- confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Serve immediately. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 doughnut equals 413 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium,