Craving something sweet? You can make these decadent doughnuts in no time! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tubes (10.2 ounces each) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Confectioners' sugar and baking cocoa
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop biscuits, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir in coffee granules until dissolved. Add cream cheese and Nutella; beat until smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a very small tip. Fill bag with coffee mixture. Push the tip through the side of each doughnut to fill with cream. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 doughnuts.
Originally published as Coffee & Cream Doughnuts in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p51
Reviews for Coffee & Cream Doughnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review