- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2-1/4 cups finely chopped fennel fronds, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups stuffing croutons
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cod or flounder fillets (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- For sauce, combine the yogurt, 1/4 cup of fennel, lemon juice, chives, salt if desired and pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the croutons, broth, eggs and remaining fennel. Spoon about 1 cup stuffing mixture onto each fillet; roll fish around stuffing.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top each with a lemon slice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 160°. Serve with fennel sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cod with Fennel Stuffing
Sort By :
"Made this because had fresh fennel to use up. Thought it was very good. The cod we had was rather thick so we didn't roll them - just spread the stuffing in the pan and laid the cod on top to bake and this worked fine."