Cod with Cilantro and Lime
My daughter loves to cook and especially likes dishes with Mexican flair. She bakes these wonderfully seasoned fish fillets in foil to keep them moist and cut down on cleanup.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place each fillet on a 15-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil.
- Sprinkle with pepper. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in
- oil; stir in cumin. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Place lime slices over each; drizzle with butter.
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake
- at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces 1 equals 131 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon