- 4 center-cut bacon strips, chopped
- 4 cod fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Add fillets to bacon drippings; cook over medium-high heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes to skillet; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until tomatoes are softened. Stir in vinegar; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve cod with tomato mixture and bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cod with Bacon & Balsamic Tomatoes
"I loved the ease of this recipe, and how can you go wrong with bacon? Overall though, not a runaway favorite recipe for our family. The balsamic vinegar is a great pairing with the tomatoes though! A nice weekday meal and quick to make."