Cod Florentine Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine salt and pepper. Sprinkle half over the cod; set remaining salt mixture aside. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from the heat. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; keep warm.
- 2. In another nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook spinach for 3 minutes or until wilted. Drain and keep warm. In the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour and reserved salt mixture until blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and remaining lemon juice. Set aside 1/2 cup sauce. Stir spinach into remaining sauce; heat through.
- 3. Divide spinach mixture among four plates; top with fish. Drizzle with reserved sauce and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 271 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Cod Florentine
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.