- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a small bowl, combine salt and pepper. Sprinkle half over the cod; set remaining salt mixture aside. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from the heat. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; keep warm.
- In another nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook spinach for 3 minutes or until wilted. Drain and keep warm. In the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour and reserved salt mixture until blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and remaining lemon juice. Set aside 1/2 cup sauce. Stir spinach into remaining sauce; heat through.
- Divide spinach mixture among four plates; top with fish. Drizzle with reserved sauce and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cod Florentine in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cod Florentine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >