Cod Fillets in Spicy Tomato Sauce Recipe
A dash or cayenne pepper adds zip to this flaky fish dish that will have cod lovers hooked after just one bite. "I like to serve the fillets with breadsticks and a tossed green salad," Joy Beck notes from Cincinnati, Ohio,
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Arrange fish in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over fish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 120 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Cod Fillets in Spicy Tomato Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC