I used to make this in the oven, but then I discovered that microwave lets me enjoy it even faster. It's a pretty dish to serve company. In fact, many of my friends and family now cook this at home. —Nancy Daugherty, Cortland, Ohio
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place cod in an 11x7-in. baking dish; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Microwave, covered, on high 5-6 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cod Delight in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cod Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review