Though I used to whip up this delightful seasoned cod with tomatoes and onion in the oven, the microwave lets me enjoy it even faster. I like to serve the pretty main course to company. Everyone likes it and requests the recipe right away. –Nancy Daugherty, Cortland, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Place the cod fillets in a shallow microwave-safe dish. In a small
- bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, water, oil, lemon juice, parsley,
- garlic, basil and salt; spoon over cod. Sprinkle with seafood
- Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cod equals 154 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.