I used to make this in the oven, but then I discovered that microwave lets me enjoy it even faster. It's a pretty dish to serve company. In fact, many of my friends and family now cook this at home. —Nancy Daugherty, Cortland, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place cod in an
- 11x7-in. baking dish; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with seafood
- seasoning. Microwave, covered, on high 5-6 minutes or until fish
- just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 154 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot