Cod & Vegetable Skillet
This one-dish meal combines lean protein with a colorful vegetable medley. A well-flavored sauce pulls it all together, creating a lovely weeknight dinner. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute the beans, carrots and onion in butter for
- 2 minutes. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually add
- broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened.
- Add fillets to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,