Cod & Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the beans, carrots and onion in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually add broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add fillets to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture : 229 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Reviews for Cod & Vegetable Skillet
"Simple, with simple ingredients, but a wonderful flavor"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.