This one-dish meal combines lean protein with a colorful vegetable medley. A well-flavored sauce pulls it all together, creating a lovely weeknight dinner. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cod or haddock fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute the beans, carrots and onion in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and seasonings until blended; gradually add broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add fillets to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cod & Vegetable Skillet for Two in Simple & Delicious
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cod & Vegetable Skillet for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
"This recipe was so easy and my husband told me I could make it again."