- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cod or haddock fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute the beans, carrots and onion in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and seasonings until blended; gradually add broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add fillets to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cod & Vegetable Skillet for Two
Sort By :
This recipe was so easy and my husband told me I could make it again.