Coconut Yule Trees Recipe
People love these trees at Christmastime because they're so festive-looking and more fun than the standard holiday candy. If you like coconut, you'll love this recipe, too. I freeze the undecorated "trees" in an airtight container for up to a month. -Michelle Retterer, Marysville, Ohio
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- Vanilla frosting, green sugar and assorted sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed-paper lined baking sheet; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Shape into trees; return to baking sheet.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Spoon over or dip trunks of trees; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Decorate trees as desired with frosting, green sugar and sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 7 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC