Coconut Yule Trees Recipe
People say they love my coconut macaroon-like Christmas trees because they look so festive. Once decorated, these trees light up a room—just like the real thing. —Michelle Retterer, Marysville, Ohio
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- Vanilla frosting, green sugar and assorted sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed-paper lined baking sheet; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Shape into trees; return to baking sheet.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Spoon over or dip trunks of trees; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Decorate trees as desired with frosting, green sugar and sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving: 130 calories, 7g fat (6g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Coconut Yule Trees
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC