Coconut Yule Trees Recipe
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- Vanilla frosting, green sugar and assorted sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed-paper lined baking sheet; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Shape into trees; return to baking sheet.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Spoon over or dip trunks of trees; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Decorate trees as desired with frosting, green sugar and sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving: 130 calories, 7g fat (6g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Coconut Yule Trees
"We have made these every year for several years. I suggest making the trunks skinnier than you might think because they get thick with the chocolate."