Coconut Yule Trees Recipe
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- Vanilla frosting, green sugar and assorted sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed-paper lined baking sheet; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Shape into trees; return to baking sheet.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Spoon over or dip trunks of trees; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Decorate trees as desired with frosting, green sugar and sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 7 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Coconut Yule Trees
"We have made these every year for several years. I suggest making the trunks skinnier than you might think because they get thick with the chocolate."