People say they love my coconut macaroon-like Christmas trees because they look so festive. Once decorated, these trees light up a room—just like the real thing. —Michelle Retterer, Marysville, Ohio
Featured In: 16 Christmas Tree-Shaped Recipes
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- Vanilla frosting, green sugar and assorted sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed-paper lined baking sheet; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Shape into trees; return to baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Spoon over or dip trunks of trees; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Decorate trees as desired with frosting, green sugar and sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Yule Trees in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p27
Reviews for Coconut Yule Trees
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2017
"Took the to work and everyone loved them as well as my kids!!"
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2015
"We have made these every year for several years. I suggest making the trunks skinnier than you might think because they get thick with the chocolate."