People say they love my coconut macaroon-like Christmas trees because they look so festive. Once decorated, these trees light up a room—just like the real thing. —Michelle Retterer, Marysville, Ohio
Featured In: 16 Christmas Tree-Shaped Recipes
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- Vanilla frosting, green sugar and assorted sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed-paper lined baking sheet; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Shape into trees; return to baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Spoon over or dip trunks of trees; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Decorate trees as desired with frosting, green sugar and sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Yule Trees in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p27
Reviews for Coconut Yule Trees
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review