Friends have suggested over and over that I submit this creation to a magazine because it's so good. For the best texture, make sure not to overmix the batter. —Jamie Harris, Danville, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. (3-in.-deep) springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chips, coconut milk and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in 1/2 cup coconut. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake topped with remaining coconut. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Coconut-White Chocolate Cheesecake in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Coconut-White Chocolate Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review