Coconut Walnut Tart Recipe
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Place pastry in a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs for 1 minute. Add brown sugar, butter, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Pour into crust.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until puffed and golden brown. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 296 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Coconut Walnut Tart
"I love coconut but my husband doesn't. We both loved this pie! It really does taste like a pecan pie, just not as sweet."