- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Place pastry in a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs for 1 minute. Add brown sugar, butter, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until puffed and golden brown. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Walnut Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p92
Reviews for Coconut Walnut Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2009
I love coconut but my husband doesn't. We both loved this pie! It really does taste like a pecan pie, just not as sweet.