My mother and aunt perfected this recipe and then handed it down to me. The flavor is similar to pecan pie, My family requests this delicious dessert every Christmas. —Cindy DeRoos, Iroquois, Ontario
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Place pastry in a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs for 1 minute. Add brown sugar, butter, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until puffed and golden brown. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Walnut Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p92
Reviews for Coconut Walnut Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2009
"I love coconut but my husband doesn't. We both loved this pie! It really does taste like a pecan pie, just not as sweet."