I love the combination of chocolate, coconut and walnuts in this coffee cake. I serve it warm alongside a cup of coffee or hot cocoa. Using a biscuit mix really saves time when stirring up the batter.
Recommended: 52 Impressive Slow Cooker Recipes to Wow Your Guests
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 1/4 cup sugar. Whisk the egg, milk and 2 tablespoons butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour chocolate over the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the chocolate.
- Combine the coconut, walnuts, and remaining sugar and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Coconut-Chip Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p33
Reviews for Coconut Walnut Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2013
"I made this for brunch and received many compliments! Thanks for the great recipe."
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2012
"It's so easy and tasty! Try it and I think you will like it!"