I love the combination of chocolate, coconut and walnuts in this coffee cake. I serve it warm alongside a cup of coffee or hot cocoa. Using a biscuit mix really saves time when stirring up the batter.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 1/4 cup sugar. Whisk the egg, milk and 2 tablespoons butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour chocolate over the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the chocolate.
- Combine the coconut, walnuts, and remaining sugar and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Coconut-Chip Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p33
Reviews for Coconut Walnut Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review