Coconut Waffles Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Chocolate ice cream topping and whipped cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, butter and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve desired amount of waffles with whipped cream and chocolate topping.
- 3. To freeze waffles, arrange waffles in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze overnight or until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. Waffles may be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 4. To use frozen waffles: Reheat waffles in a toaster.
- 5. Serve with chocolate topping and whipped cream. Yield: 8 waffles.
2 waffles (calculated without ice cream topping and whipped cream): 706 calories, 48g fat (36g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.