Coconut Waffles Recipe
So tender they almost melt in your mouth, these waffles have a hint of coconut flavor in every bite. We like to top the golden stack with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce for an indulgent morning treat.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Chocolate ice cream topping and whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, butter and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve desired amount of waffles with whipped cream and chocolate topping.
- To freeze waffles, arrange waffles in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze overnight or until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. Waffles may be frozen for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen waffles: Reheat waffles in a toaster.
- Serve with chocolate topping and whipped cream. Yield: 8 waffles.
Originally published as Coconut Waffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p28
Reviews for Coconut Waffles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes >