Coconut Truffles Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract
- 2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- Red and green candy coating disks, melted
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar, cream and coconut. Divide mixture among four bowls; stir a different flavor extract into each bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape chilled mixtures into 1-in. balls; place on four separate waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Dip the almond-flavored balls in milk chocolate coating; sprinkle with ground almonds. Place on waxed paper to harden.
- 4. Dip remaining balls in milk chocolate coating; place on waxed paper to harden. Drizzle white coating over rum truffles, red coating over cherry truffles and green coating over mint truffles. Yield: about 9 dozen.
1 each: 142 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Truffles
"These are great...easy and endless options...big batch..."
"Is this recipe supposed to really have 1 and and 1/2 cups of butter? Seems like a ton. I am about halfway finished making this and am hoping that I didn't just waste all these ingredients."