- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract
- 2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- Red and green candy coating disks, melted
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar, cream and coconut. Divide mixture among four bowls; stir a different flavor extract into each bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape chilled mixtures into 1-in. balls; place on four separate waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Dip the almond-flavored balls in milk chocolate coating; sprinkle with ground almonds. Place on waxed paper to harden.
- Dip remaining balls in milk chocolate coating; place on waxed paper to harden. Drizzle white coating over rum truffles, red coating over cherry truffles and green coating over mint truffles. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Truffles
Sort By :
"These are great...easy and endless options...big batch..."
"Is this recipe supposed to really have 1 and and 1/2 cups of butter? Seems like a ton. I am about halfway finished making this and am hoping that I didn't just waste all these ingredients."