The friend who shared this recipe is a great cook who never fails to come up with terrific dishes. The fast-to-fix dessert tastes like coconut cream pie.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place cake cubes in a large bowl. In a bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in ice cream and 3/4 cup coconut until blended. Pour over cake cubes; stir just until combined.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. trifle bowl. Spread with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Trifle in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p82
Reviews for Coconut Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review