- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place cake cubes in a large bowl. In a bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in ice cream and 3/4 cup coconut until blended. Pour over cake cubes; stir just until combined.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. trifle bowl. Spread with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Trifle
Sort By :
Oh. Mah. Gah. This was so good. I made it for Easter dinner dessert and EVERYONE raved. So easy to make too, a real no-brainer. I used an angel food cake mix because they were out of premade ones in my grocery store bakery, even that was extremely easy because you just add water only to the mix, whip, pour into an ungreased tube pan and bake for an hour. I would not bother making an angel food cake from scratch when it is going into a trifle anyways... This tasted like coconut cream pie, everyone loved it, will definitely make it again, thanks!