Three types of milk wonderfully moisten these cupcakes. Toasted coconut on top adds an elegant touch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Toasted flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack; cool for 10 minutes. Remove paper liners from cupcakes; return to pan.
- Poke holes in cupcakes with a skewer, about 1/2 in. apart. Combine the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and coconut milk; slowly pour over cupcakes, allowing mixture to absorb into cake. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Tres Leches Cupcakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p182
Reviews for Coconut Tres Leches Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review