This toasty bread has a wonderfully sweet and buttery coconut topping that's simply scrumptious. "It's easy to make and so yummy," says Betty Checkett of St. Louis, Missouri. "Enjoy it with a cup of coffee at breakfast or for a snack anytime of day."
11-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11 to 12 slices white bread
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, butter, egg and vanilla; mix
- well. Spread over each slice of bread; place on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Yield: 11-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 238 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.