Coconut Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 8 cans (2 pounds 8 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1. Divide sweet potatoes among four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- 2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in coconut and vanilla. Pour over sweet potatoes.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle each with 1-1/2 cups marshmallows. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to puff and melt. Yield: about 50 (1/2 cup) servings.
1/2 cup: 164 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Coconut Sweet Potato Bake
"I have been making this recipe for the last 5 years for our Thanksgiving celebrations. My family loves it and asked me to make it even on non holidays. I do cut the recipe down by half and it's still makes a lot."
"Great new recipe for sweet potatoes!!! Not too sweet, just right!"