Convenient canned sweet potatoes are scrumptious in Coconut Sweet Potato Bake, recommended by Jan Pavkov of Doylestown, Ohio.
- 8 cans (2 pounds 8 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- Divide sweet potatoes among four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in coconut and vanilla. Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle each with 1-1/2 cups marshmallows. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to puff and melt. Yield: about 50 (1/2 cup) servings.
Originally published as Coconut Sweet Potato Bake in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p54
Reviews for Coconut Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review