Coconut Surprise Candy Recipe
What's the secret ingredient in these dipped balls? Mashed potatoes! The spuds create the creamy texture, while coconut and chocolate chips figure big in the flavor.
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine coconut, sugar and mashed potatoes; mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the balls into chocolate and then walnuts if desired. Return to waxed paper until chocolate is set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 137 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Surprise Candy
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC