Coconut Surprise Candy Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine coconut, sugar and mashed potatoes; mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the balls into chocolate and then walnuts if desired. Return to waxed paper until chocolate is set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 137 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Surprise Candy
"This is exactly like the recipe my MIL gave me over 46 years ago. Very good candy. I usually put an almond on top of the coconut before I dip in chocolate. Yum!"