Coconut Supreme Torte Recipe
This three-layer coconut treat starts with a boxed mix. "A neighbor made this scrumptious cake and passed along the recipe to me," shares Vernelle Lazzarini of Upland, California.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, pudding mix and oil. Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Stir in 1-1/2 cups coconut.
- 4. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Top with remaining layer and frosting; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 542 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC