This three-layer coconut treat starts with a boxed mix. "A neighbor made this scrumptious cake and passed along the recipe to me," shares Vernelle Lazzarini of Upland, California.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, pudding mix and oil. Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Stir in 1-1/2 cups coconut.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Top with remaining layer and frosting; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Supreme Torte in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Coconut Supreme Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review