- 4 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 6 fresh strawberries, divided
- Cut four 12-in. x 6-in. pieces of foil. Fold each in half widthwise. Shape each square into a loosely rolled cone, overlapping the edges about 1-1/2 in.; set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; spray with cooking spray. Repeat with one more sheet of phyllo. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying out. Cut in half lengthwise and widthwise. Carefully wrap one phyllo section around each foil cone; spray again with cooking spray.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove phyllo from foil cones to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat entire procedure with remaining phyllo dough.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding for 2 minutes; fold in coconut and whipped topping. Spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Finely chop three strawberries and spoon inside the cones. Pipe pudding mixture into cones. Slice remaining strawberries to use as garnish. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Strawberry Phyllo Cones in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p57
Reviews for Coconut Strawberry Phyllo Cones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review