Some special recipes go from being seasonal favorites to family traditions. This is one at our house. My whole family looks forward every Christmas to these rich, once-a-year sweets.
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + standing
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafer crumbs, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Dr. Pepper soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10 ounces) flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Roll into
- 3/4-in. balls. For icing, in a large bowl, combine the
- confectioners' sugar, butter, soda and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Dip balls in icing; shake off excess. Roll in coconut. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: About 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 174 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.