Coconut Snowballs Recipe
Some special recipes go from being seasonal favorites to family traditions. This is one at our house. My whole family looks forward every Christmas to these rich, once-a-year sweets.
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafer crumbs, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Dr. Pepper soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10 ounces) flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. For icing, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, soda and vanilla; beat until smooth. Dip balls in icing; shake off excess. Roll in coconut. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: About 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 174 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC