Some special recipes go from being seasonal favorites to family traditions. This is one at our house. My whole family looks forward every Christmas to these rich, once-a-year sweets.
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafer crumbs, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Dr. Pepper soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10 ounces) flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. For icing, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, soda and vanilla; beat until smooth. Dip balls in icing; shake off excess. Roll in coconut. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: About 5 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Snowballs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p49
Reviews for Coconut Snowballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review