Coconut Snowball Cookies
It looks like there is a fresh dusting of snow on these buttery coconut balls.—Sonya Labbe, Santa Monica, California
54 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut, chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture
- and mix well. Stir in coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- pans for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Roll warm cookies
- in confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.