Coconut Slice & Bake Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 15 drops red food coloring
- 10 drops green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1 cup coconut. Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-in.-long roll.
- Place 1 cup coconut into each of two large resealable plastic bags. Add red food coloring to one bag; seal bag and shake to tint coconut. Repeat with remaining coconut and green coloring. Roll one log in red coconut; roll remaining log in green coconut. Wrap logs separately in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Slice & Bake Cookies(3)
Sort By :
These seem like they should be fairly simple, but in reality they weren't . The coconut didn't stick and the logs crumbled when I tried to slice them. Probably won't attempt these again
Flavor was good- a delicate coconut taste with a classic butter cookie. However I had a lot of difficulty getting the coconut to stick to each log- even after 2 hours of refridgeration. Also, the coconut, when dyed, wasn't vibrant as vibrant as the picture. They are very addicting though!
Everyone loved these and they are very easy
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coconut Cookies >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >