Coconut Slice & Bake Cookies Recipe
Tinting flaky white coconut reminds me of snowflakes falling under holiday lights. The reds and greens add colorful Christmas wonder. — Lee Roberts, Racine, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 15 drops red food coloring
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1 cup coconut. Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-in.-long roll.
- 2. Place 1 cup coconut in each of two large resealable plastic bags. Add red food coloring to one bag; seal bag and shake to tint coconut. Repeat with remaining coconut and green coloring. Roll one log in red coconut; roll remaining log in green coconut. Wrap logs separately in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC