- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 15 drops red food coloring
- 10 drops green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1 cup coconut. Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-in.-long roll.
- Place 1 cup coconut in each of two large resealable plastic bags. Add red food coloring to one bag; seal bag and shake to tint coconut. Repeat with remaining coconut and green coloring. Roll one log in red coconut; roll remaining log in green coconut. Wrap logs separately in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Slice & Bake Cookies
Sort By :
These seem like they should be fairly simple, but in reality they weren't . The coconut didn't stick and the logs crumbled when I tried to slice them. Probably won't attempt these again
Flavor was good- a delicate coconut taste with a classic butter cookie. However I had a lot of difficulty getting the coconut to stick to each log- even after 2 hours of refridgeration. Also, the coconut, when dyed, wasn't vibrant as vibrant as the picture. They are very addicting though!
Everyone loved these and they are very easy