Coconut Shrimp with Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked medium shrimp
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- Place 2 tablespoons coconut milk in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the jalapeno, cilantro and remaining coconut milk. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Add to bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg whites. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and coconut. Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Dip shrimp in flour and egg whites, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, add preserves and mustard to the reserved coconut milk. Serve with shrimp. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Coconut Shrimp with Dipping Sauce(1)
Sort By :
I thought it tasted delicious, but it was tedious and hard to make! Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time getting the breading to stick! It was frustrating!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >