- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add pepper. Stir in the broth, corn, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in coconut milk. Cool slightly.
- In a food processor, process soup in batches until blended. Return all to pan. Add shrimp; cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Garnish servings with avocado. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Shrimp Chowder
Sort By :
"This recipe sounded weird but Taste of Home contest winners haven't let me down yet, so I tried it! I am glad I did! This was delish! It's warm and filling but with a tropical zest- a very pleasant combination of flavors. I will be making this soup again!"