- carrots, onion, yellow pepper and beet; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle
- with salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, ginger and allspice; toss to
- coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until
- tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, make a slit down the outer curve of each shrimp, starting
- with the tail; press lightly to flatten. In three separate shallow
- bowls, place the flour, egg whites and coconut. Coat the shrimp with
- flour, dip into egg whites, then coat with coconut.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- shrimp, a few at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or
- until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a microwave, heat the preserves, vinegar, butter and cayenne until
- preserves and butter are melted. Stir until smooth; drizzle over
- vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Place 1/2 cup vegetable mixture on each lettuce leaf; top with shrimp
- and goat cheese. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 wraps equals 805 calories, 45 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,075 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.