"My niece makes this shortbread for special occasions," writes Wauwatosa, Wisconsin's Nancy Siefert. "My family enjoys the rich flavor of these cookies so much, I bake them all year long."
60 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in
- vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in coconut. Shape
- into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4
- hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Dip both sides of cookies in confectioners' sugar while
- warm. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 101 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.