Coconut Shortbread Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in coconut. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Dip both sides of cookies in confectioners' sugar while warm. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Shortbread(5)
Sort By :
What a total FLOP! Did not come out good at all.
I wish it had a photo with it as other than a roll and cut off and bake, have no idea of what all could be done. Some do need to remember that coconut is still a nut and some people may be allergic to this if they are allergic to nuts. They need to know what is in them if they have a nut allergy.
These are very easy to make & taste amazing!!! I had to package them as soon as they were cool so I would not eat anymore :)
One of my favorite cookies now. I never tell people that they are coconut because they will not try them, but even sworn coconut haters have loved them once they tried them. The coconut adds sweetness, not a strong coconut flavor. The dough freezes beautifully in rolls. Slice the rolls and you have fresh baked cookies in minutes. These rolls of dough make wonderful gifts and cost a lot less than ready bake cookies from the store.
This is super yummy! One of my family's favorites. Nice for Christmas plates.