Coconut-Rum Cake Pops Recipe
Plan your own tropical escape with these surprisingly light-tasting pops. Angel food cake is a nice change of pace.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- Lightly toasted flaked coconut
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix frosting, coconut and extracts. Tear cake into pieces. In batches, pulse cake in a food processor until crumbs form. Stir crumbs into frosting mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on baking sheets. Insert sticks. Freeze at least 2 hours or refrigerate at least 3 hours until firm.
- 3. Dip cake pops in melted candy coating, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in toasted coconut. Insert cake pops in a Styrofoam block; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut-Rum Cake Pops
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC