Coconut-Rum Cake Pops Recipe
Plan your own tropical escape with these surprisingly light-tasting pops. Angel food cake is a nice change of pace.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- Lightly toasted flaked coconut
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the frosting, coconut and extracts; stir into cake until blended. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cake pop in coating; allow excess to drip off. Roll in toasted coconut. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cake pop (calculated without toppings): 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Coconut-Rum Cake Pops
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC