Coconut-Rum Cake Pops
Plan your own tropical escape with these surprisingly light-tasting pops. Angel food cake is a nice change of pace.
48 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- Lightly toasted flaked coconut
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the
- frosting, coconut and extracts; stir into cake until blended. Shape
- into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for
- at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake
- balls are firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cake
- pop in coating; allow excess to drip off. Roll in toasted coconut.
- Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. Let stand until
- set. Yield: 4 dozen.