VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- Lightly toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, mix frosting, coconut and extracts. Tear cake into pieces. In batches, pulse cake in a food processor until crumbs form. Stir crumbs into frosting mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on baking sheets. Insert sticks. Freeze at least 2 hours or refrigerate at least 3 hours until firm.
- Dip cake pops in melted candy coating, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in toasted coconut. Insert cake pops in a Styrofoam block; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut-Rum Cake Pops in Bakeshop Favorites 2012, p70