My mom has made rum balls for as long as I can remember. They look beautiful on a dessert spread and can be packaged in a decorative tin as a gift. I swapped coconut rum for the traditional rum and added shredded coconut. —Jana Walker, Macomb, Michigan
Featured In: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk crushed wafers, confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Stir in coconut and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk corn syrup and rum; stir into wafer mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls; let stand 1 hour.
- Roll in additional confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Rum Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p71
Reviews for Coconut Rum Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review