A common sweet in India, these coconut laddus are a simple no-bake cookie that require only a handful of ingredients. My guests always appreciate when I serve these tasty treats.—Nidhi Pathak, Noida, India
Recommended: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 4 teaspoons chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 10 unblanched almonds
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat ricotta cheese over medium-low heat; cook 20-25 minutes or until reduced by almost half, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a small bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut, sugar, cashews, chopped almonds and cardamom. Shape mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls; press one whole almond into each ball. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 10 balls.
Originally published as Coconut-Ricotta Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Coconut-Ricotta Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review